Computer & Internet Use
Computer and Internet use are ‘Free” of charge.
We do gratefully accept “Donation” to cover some of our costs.
We do charge for printing.
25 cents black & white per page
$1.00 for color per page
Valley Regional Library Internet Usage Policy
- Internet access is provided for informational and educational purposes. Usage for non-educational purposes will be limited to 3 hours or if in high demand.
- Internet use is on a first come – first serve basis but computers may be booked in advance.
- Staff assistance in Internet use or research will be limited
- VRL does not permit the displaying or sending of information which may be considered obscene, illegal, discriminatory, defamatory, harassment, profanity, commercial, causing annoyance or inconvenience.
- Users are responsible for damages caused to the computer equipment or software during their use of Internet
- VRL is not responsible or liable for Internet use by minors who have received parental consent.
- Files created on VRL’s computers are not private and will be deleted.
- Users are advised not to give out personal information on the Internet – address, bank and credit card information.
- Files may be downloaded to a library diskette (available for purchase from staff) not to the hard drive. Outside diskettes are not allowed due to viruses.
- Users who are aware of the misuse of internet privileges must report them to the library staff.
- Patrons who violate Internet policy will have privileges revoked at the discretion of the Library Board and Staff